Did you know a video is worth 1.8 million words?
I didn't. At least, not until last week, while I was preparing for a presentation on visual storytelling and decided to build an infographic of key stats related to visual storytelling, creating original visual assets, and video production.
Check out the graphic:
1) 70 percent of content marketers plan to increase use of original visual assets in 2015.
2) 83 percent of human learning is visual.
3) One video is worth 1.8 million words.
4) Use of video content increased by 8 percent last year.
5) Second to original visual assets, marketers want to learn more about original video production in 2015.
6) 45 percent of all internet traffic is video.
7) Only 25 percent of all businesses use video as a marketing tool.
8) Only 10 percent of small businesses use video as a marketing tool.
9) Your website is approximately 50 times more likely to appear on the first page of a search engine results page if it includes a video.
10) 75 percent of viewers visit a company's website after viewing a branded video.
11) Tweets with images receive 150 percent more retweets.
12) 80 percent of website visitors will watch a video, compared to only 20 percent who will read full text.
13) Text stories containing images receive 94 percent more views.
14) 3/4 of executives watch work-related videos online.
15) Nearly half of the people who watch videos online take action in response.
16) 90 percent of online shoppers find video useful in buying decisions, and 2/3 are more likely to buy something after watching a video about it.
17) Video also boosts conversions by 30 percent when used to answer customer questions.